Thursday, April 5, 2012

Phone Kisses Make It All Better

This is a special kiss I received while at work. It helped me get over a slight panic attack. You know what I'm talking about all you moms out there? That prick of fear that wells up in you when you have not heard from your child, husband, or parent. Your mind automatically goes into hyper worst case scenario mode. 

What if...

That was when I reeled myself back in and texted Tony. 

When I texted this was the scenario playing in my head; Tony and Tyler had been in an accident, it was bad, Tony was in a coma and was probably not going to make it, Tyler was not doing good, and the hospital could not find me or any family member. I was to the point of tears and my chest felt like it was collapsing in. 

That glorious little beep, from Tony's reply made me almost shout with joy. That alone made me feel better. It was the kick I needed to get back to reality and to stop my mind from wondering.

Today, I am thankful for my phone and sweet and simple texts saying, "I love you Mommy."

No comments: