Thursday, December 1, 2011

Meeting Santa for the First Time

Last year I wrote this off, and I'm kinda glad I did. I was scared of a bad experience being remembered and it being years until he was ready to see Santa. Tyler was not happy about this situation, you can see my hand in the photo, and I promised him that we would go play afterwards if he would just smile. I wanted one good picture so the photo people could charge me an arm and a leg for it, and then I could post it here. I think Tyler is kinda giving me a smile begrudgingly here? What do you think? Regardless, I love my picture. 

Santa was great and very patient. Once I was holding Tyler things went a whole lot better. Santa asked how old Tyler was, what he wanted for Christmas, he gave Tyler a little coloring book, and when I told him we had a Santa doll at home that sang... Santa broke into song for us. I was a little tingly all over hearing Santa sing Jingle Bells to us. I kinda wished he would have sang Santa Claus is Coming To Town, but I might have died from pure joy.

Now that I think about it... I didn't tell Santa what I wanted! Santa if you are reading my blog... I want a Kindle, I don't care which one!

When we left the mall an hour later Santa waved bye to us as we passed by, and Tyler smiled and waved right back. There are no words to describe how happy I am that Tyler did so well and had a good experience, and thank you Santa for making it so special!

No comments: