Monday, February 21, 2011

I Can Eat All By Myself

Independence is a wonderful thing. He is learning that he can tell me he does not want to eat certain things.

He can choose which foods and feed himself just fine, yet this is not always a speedy process.

Learning to balance the food on a fork or spoon is pretty hard. Sometimes he refuses to eat anything until he gets a fork in his hand. Once he is concentrating on that fork and getting something on it he does not pay attention to anything else.

I am trying to see this as a good thing, but it is hard to see that your child already does not want your help. I thought this came around the 2 to 3 year old stage. I do enjoy watching his process though and he is getting better at this with every meal.

He is such a cool kid.

~Gina~

No comments: