Monday, January 24, 2011

Taking It All In Through A Window

Tyler has started to enjoy looking out the windows of our house. There is so much to take in.

Here he is in his play room looking out at all of the snow.

I had let Tucker out earlier. I made sure he was looking out the window and watching as Tucker jumped around in the foot of snow we had received. Tyler enjoyed watching him and I could hear him yell for Tucker. He liked looking out and realizing he could see things he recognized.

He was all the more tickled when he rounded the corner and I let Tucker back in the house. 

Here he is yelling and beating the window sill as his Uncle Ted parks in the driveway. Uncle Ted has a shiny red truck with lights and he thought that was pretty awesome.

I like these pictures because he is growing so fast, and it is so cute to see him standing at a window and learning. He looks small and big at the same time. Small in size but doing something like a mature child, and big in size yet still such a baby to me.

I don't know how he can be both but it just strikes a nerve that he is growing up so fast, so I need to have a picture of him every day. Doing something of the moment because they are all flying by. 

One day I will be able to look back into this window of time and say to Tyler as we look at these pictures,

" I remember this! You were almost 1 year old here. You were discovering the world outside of your house. You loved looking out at all of the white snow, watching your dog jump around in it. You were watching your Uncle Ted come home here."

You may only see my little boy looking out a window, but I see a memory worth remembering.

~Gina~

No comments: