Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Stephanie's Party

I had the pleasure of throwing a shower for a friend of mine. She loves pink and I had to go all out. I had a shabby chic style going for the theme.

The invitation inspired the rest of the shower. I loved the pattern.


I used many types of flowers and tried not to focus too much on one centerpiece and went for a romantic feel.

Mason jars with lace and ribbon. Understated and sweet.


I had to incorporate my duck. I have been collecting tin cans to use as flower vessels, and I dressed them up with lace and ribbons and the same card stock from the invitations.

I also used the tin cans to house potted flowers that I used as a prize for game winners.


I had to include a pun and the "Whoopie Pies" were wonderful. They were chocolate with peanut butter filling. If you can't see the card says "Makin' Whoopie" fun little detail I thought.


This is the table setting and it is a mixture of everything. I used the lids too the tin cans as a marker for food. Yes, I made ugly cake balls, but they were delicious. My apologizes for not spending more time on them Bakerella. I aspire to become better at the art of cake balls, I have pre-ordered my book.



This is the full look. In the window I have love notes hanging and pretty paper chains on the wall and light fixture. Very simple but I was very happy, I could have tweaked all day long but in the end we had a wonderful time and it was a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Stephieisalefty. said...

Well, I must say that I loved everything. The decorations were perfect, games were fun, and the company was fantastic. The food was beyond amazing especially the cake balls. Love ya girl!
-steph.

Regina Williams said...

Thank you, and you know we must have another try at these cake balls, so let us come up with another reason to party!