Tuesday, July 13, 2010

This was inevitable

My husband is hunter through and through. His father and brother enjoy the excitement of the hunt too. We receive many hunting publications, magazines, and newsletters. His favorite shows consist of: Bone Collector, Crush with Lee and Tiffany, Duck Commander (even I like this show), Buck Commander, Jimmy Big Time, and Wildgame Nation. He loves doing taxidermy and attending gun shows as a hobby. He can tie about anything I mention into something to do with hunting. Believe me this brings me much consternation.


I also come from a family of hunters and love the idea of my husband taking our son into the woods to hunt a deer, turkey, or squirrel. Growing up my dad squirrel hunted, coon hunted, bear hunted, deer hunted, and turkey hunted. I have to admit I went coon hunting when I was younger, and promised myself that I would never do it again in January, but that is a whole other story.


Tony's awesome deer that hangs in our living room. The others are in the spare bedroom.

So when we found out we were having a boy I could barely hold Tony back from going to buy a new tree stand for him and his son. I told him that surely something new and improved would come out and just to wait it out until Tyler was old enough. For goodness sakes he wasn't even born yet.




My now 6 month old little boy, has been born into a huntin family. No Saturday morning cartoons for him, nooooo, he will be enamored with Buckmasters instead. Learning about conservation and how to get a big deer in his sites.



So when you look at this photo know that my little guy has no hope of chasing butterflies or being a vegetarian. No he will be a wildlife admirer, a conservationist, a hunter, and that I am sure of.

Mommy had to get a picture because he was soon to out grow this cute deer outfit, and he just loves Roscoe the deer.

No comments: